The Chinese industrial market has experienced dynamic growth since opening up, particularly since WTO membership and subsequent opening up to Western technology, investment and cooperation. Opportunities abound, and it is difficult to overestimate the potential here, or the benefit from well-managed engagement.
However, the importance of the different legal environment and local business conditions should not be underestimated. Mistakes may result in your having merely created a parallel capability in-country with the wrong local partner, which ends up competing against you in your global market, or merely takes your IP and degrades it through cheap copying and misuse. Or you may find that there was no market opportunity here for you in the first place, and would have been better off not wasting the time and resources that China engagement sometimes requires.
There are two sides to involvement in the Chinese industrial market. Supply-End and End-market.
On the supply end, you may be considering setting up operations in China, and need to know how to go about selecting the right levels of operations, and understanding what is available and what it involves. It may also be that you are looking for strategic partners, and need market intelligence and advice on identifying and vetting a suitable party. We can support in the following areas:
- Review your Aims and Goals
- Provide Recommendations for Implementation
- Research and Due Diligence
- Provide options on Market Entry – what type of company, where, why and how.
- Provide assistance and support throughout the registration and setup process.
As an end-market, China’s rapid growth and industrial development offers opportunities to Western companies, but the environment is challenging and needs to be well planned and managed. You will need local partners engaged at the right level, and under the right terms and conditions, and will need to understand how protect your core value, your assets and your IP, while still optimizing your access to market. Our services include:
- Identification of opportunities for foreign companies in major in-country projects
- Research industry and regulatory environment
- Identify Potential partners and conduct Due Diligence
- Strategic Advice and Planning
- Engage in Terms Negotiation / Tender Applications
- Project Management Support
- Sales and Business Development Support